EVENTS / PROGRAMS:
Our Middles participate in many activities throughout the year including:
- Anglesea Camp (Grade 4) – One of the highlights of the Grade 4 year, is the 3 day/2 night camp to Anglesea Coastal Forest Lodge. Confidence building, co-operation, self esteem and team-work are the main focus of this camp. For many this is first experience of being away from home, so it is a wonderful opportunity for children to develop some independence and initiative as they tackle the range of fun and challenging activities available.. These include, a low ropes course, the Eagle’s Nest environmental discovery walk, archery, orienteering and bush walks.
- Melbourne Zoo (Grade 3) – Whilst the Grade 4 children are away on camp, the Grade 3 children have their own special program. The full day excursion to the Melbourne Zoo is always a popular event, as children spend the day exploring all this wonderful venue has to offer.
- Bike Education Program – Manifold Heights Primary School aims to improve safety for our students in Grades 3-6 by promoting bicycle education in our school. Bike Ed is delivered by our trained teachers and is designed to help children develop the skills they need to ride safely and independently on roads and paths. It consists of a mix of practical activities conducted off-road (in the school grounds) and on-road (on local roads) together with classroom activities.
- Life Education Program – Prep to Year 4 – Life Education has been successfully supporting primary school drug and health education since 1979. Its comprehensive programs have been specifically designed to assist schools achieve their Health and Physical Education outcomes. Research shows that the earlier we encourage children to develop positive self image, self esteem and a feeling of uniqueness, the better equipped they are to make positive healthy choices later in life.Life Education assists student to acquire age appropriate knowledge to support informed health choices, develop and practice skills and strategies to act upon individual decisions, and recognise the values and attitudes that may influence lifestyle choices and behaviours. Highly skilled educators, utilising their experience and training, work with schools to develop programs/sessions to support the provision of drug and health education within the school. Sessions are designed to be age specific and sequential.
- Middles Swimming – Our Grade 3 and 4 students take part in a 5 day intensive Swimming Program at the beginning of Term 2. This program follows on from our Prep – 2 Swimming Program and allows the students to continue to develop and refine the skills learnt in previous years. Students are placed in groups according to their current swimming level to ensure they are learning the correct skills and techniques for their ability.