Your child can start Prep at the beginning of the school year if they turn five on or before 30th April in that year. By law, all children must be enrolled in school by their sixth birthday. When to start your child at school is an individual decision. You may want to discuss this with us or with your child’s preschool teacher and health care professionals.
If you are wishing to transfer your child from another school into Grades 1 – 6 please contact our Office to arrange a meeting with the Principal. We are zoned and currently at capacity, therefore we are only able to accept enrolments for children who live within our zone, except for exceptional circumstances after a discussion with the Principal. Designated neighbourhood maps are set by the Department of Education & Training each year.
You can check your local school on the Find My School website: https://www.findmyschool.vic.gov.au/.
Prep 2022 enrolments have now closed unless you have recently moved into our designated neighbourhood area. Please contact our Office via phone or email to request an enrolment form.
OUR SCHOOL ZONE
Our school zone is available on Find my School which hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones.
Students residing in the zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.
Where there are insufficient places at a school for all students who seek entry, students are enrolled in the following priority order:
– Students for whom the school is the designated neighbourhood school
– Students with a sibling at the same permanent address who are attending the school at the same time.
– Where the regional director has restricted the enrolment, students who reside nearest the school
– Students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds. (NB This criterion applies to VCE programs in secondary schools, SEAL Programs, and Select Entry Schools only)
– All other students in order of closeness of their home to the school.
– In exceptional circumstances, compassionate grounds.
Enrolment forms can be obtained from the School Office by contacting 5229 9643 or email@example.com.